Ontem, a AMD lançou os novos drivers Catalyst 11.7 com certificação WHQL.
Esta nova actualização dos seus drivers, não vem apenas corrigir bugs, ou melhorar a performance, trás consigo também o suporte para os novos processadores “Llano” A-series APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), da gama Fusion, que incorporam uma AMD Radeon HD da série 6000.
Passando para as novidades temos:
Melhorias no Windows 7
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.7 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- All issues experienced with mouse cursor lag have been resolved
- Resolves system hangs seen in the AMD Catalyst 11.6 driver on specific HDMI and DP displays
- Log event (Event ID 62464) issues when playing video content have been resolved
- Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly displays a blank screen.
- Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly hangs.
- Some Divx format files no longer display video corruption using WinDVD.
- AVIVO Video Quality settings are now correctly applied to Flash Video Content.
- AMD SteadyVideo is now applied to Home Video clips when using WinDVD 10.
- Random screen corruption is no longer displayed when changing desktop themes.
- Chequerboard corruption is no longer displayed intermittently when playing DirectX 10 titles in a Crossfire configuration with Eyefinity enabled.
- Shogun II now renders the cinematics correctly when run in various Eyefinity configurations.
- Video playback now works correctly when Hardware acceleration is enabled with VLC Player version 1.1.9.
- Crossfire now functions correctly when playing Hamilton’s Great Adventure.
- Video corruption is no longer observed when when using the Forward slider on 720P Divx format video clips using Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center.
- PowerDVD now correctly handles 3D Bluray content.
- Portal 2 no longer displays flickering on water surface textures with Medium and Low Shader detail settings.
- Image stabilization now functions correctly when playing Divx content using Windows Media Player.
- Wraparound corruption is no longer displayed intermittently after exiting a 3D application.
Problemas conhecidos no sistema operativo Windows 7
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II / Jedi Academy may randomly crash on launch.
- Image rotation might not function correctly in Photoshop CS5.
- OpenGL acceleration might not be available in Photoshop CS5.
- High GPU speeds might be retained after exiting a 3D application.
- Crysis 2 may display random corruption when Crossfire is enabled and run in DirectX 9 mode
- Homefront may experience random crashes during gameplay.
- Crossfire may not perform as expected when playing Earthsim, Bad Company 2 and Metro 2003 under DirectX 11 mode.
Problemas conhecidos no sistema operativo Windows Vista
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:
- PowerDVD may display a blank screen during Bluray playback when Crossfire is enabled.
- Doom 3 and Quake 4 may display random screen corruption.
- Performing Bezel compensation in certain Eyefinity configurations may cause some bezel groups to not appear.
- Windows Aero options may no longer be available after installing the driver.
Podem fazer o download dos drivers através do seguinte link: